Update: March 1, 2021
Guidelines for Online Reading During the Coronavirus
How to share BMK books with students
* These guidelines are for all educators and librarians, wherever you reside.
A silver lining of the challenges we are currently facing is the heartwarming and absolutely unsurprising commitment we are seeing by authors, illustrators, teachers, librarians, and all other educators to make sure kids continue to have access to great books while schools are closed. We want to assure you that Boyds Mills & Kane has your back!
Here are our guidelines for reading Boyds Mills & Kane books online during this time:
- Please note at the beginning of your recording that you are reading with permission from Boyds Mills & Kane.
- You may post your recording on either a closed (e.g., through a password-protected school platform or a private Youtube channel accessible only by students/educators) or open platform.
- If you post on a closed platform, please delete or disable access to your recording after June 30, 2021. If your recording is available on an open platform, it must be taken down after two weeks.
- If you are an educator, please email your name and title to us at email@example.com. We’d love to hear how you’re using our books during this time!
- By posting any recording, you agree to all terms outlined above. Boyds Mills & Kane may adjust these terms in the future, as the situation evolves.
Thank you for all you are doing to keep kids engaged, involved, and inspired!